Ballet students must have completed one year of training at the Ballet Academy, and be registered by September 1st, to be eligible for participation in the Ballet Academy’s annual performances of “The Nutcracker. Exceptions will be made at the director’s discretion
Advanced ballet students ages 12 and up with 2 or more years of Pointe may audition for the Ballet Ensemble of Texas, the Academy’s official performing company.
All students of the Academy are eligible to participate in the school’s annual Spring Performances in May.
While the directors of the Ballet Academy of Texas recognize the necessity of providing dancers the opportunity to perform, their students do not participate in the many dance competitions that exist. However, there are a few international ballet competitions, such as the Youth America Grand Prix, that they feel are an invaluable teaching tool for the serious ballet dancer preparing for a career in dance.
Our goal at the Ballet Academy of Texas is to provide the student with the best professional instruction in a positive dance environment without unnecessary and costly frills.
Performances schedule for 2013 - 2014 season
- “The Nutcracker” – Irving Arts Center
Saturday, Dec. 7th - 2:30 and 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Dec., 8th - 2:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Possible YAGP performance in Coppell, or participation in Youth Dance Festival in Ft. Worth
- Youth America Grand Prix – Friday – Sunday, January 31 - February 2nd, 2014 Irving , Tx
Ensemble entries include "Minkus Suite", and others TBA
- RDA Adjudication - February 14th, 2014 –Selections of "Paquita", "Tutta la Forza" and new ballet by Tsay. (at Studio in the evening)
- Regional Dance America Southwest Festival – Eisemann Center, Richardson
Arrive Friday, March 21st. Classes and Performances Saturday the 22nd thru Monday, the 24th.
Travel home Tuesday the 25th or evening of 24th.
- Spring Performances - Irving Arts Center
Friday, April 4th - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 5th - 2:30 p.m.
"Paquita", "Firebird", "Splendid Gershwin"
- Ballet Academy of Texas Spring Performances
May 31 and June 1st, 2014 - Coppell High School Auditorium
Special Rehearsal Periods
- Monday, December 30th - Saturday, January 4th (except New Years' Day)
10:00 Master classes with Thom Clower
12:30 – 5:30 – Rehearsals of “Firebird" w/Mr. Clower - Full Company